Thursday, 7 January 2010

Venus Fort, Odaiba





Odaiba is a waterfront entertainment area in Tokyo Bay. It takes about 30 minutes to get there from Tokyo station changing at Shimbashi and taking a train over the Rainbow Bridge. There are several shopping malls, museums, swanky hotels, a ferris wheel and a hot spring theme park with 14 bathhouses. The photos above are of the Venus Fort shopping mall, three floors of discount outlets, shops, restaurants and a games arcade. That is not the sky you can see, that is their famous sky ceiling. At 3pm, the sky darkens, and there is a light show. Odaiba itself is beautifully lit at night, as is the Rainbow Bridge - hence the name.

3 comments:

  1. I've actually been to a "theme park onsen" on Odaiba - Oodeo Onsen Montagari - but I don't remember it having 14 bathhouses. Is there another one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That`s the one. It has indoor, outdoor, foot, sand and rock slab baths, presumably 7 for men and 7 for women. I haven`t been myself yet but I do like onsen so I`m planning to go. Do you recommend it?

    For anyone who wishes to know more, here`s the website address:

    http://www.ooedoonsen.jp/higaeri/english/hotspa.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, I like it a lot. It's a little kitschy inside, but the facilities are very nice & clean, it's open 23 hours so you can stay very late, they serve decent food & alcohol, and the optional spa services were great (I've had the sand bath, facial, massages.)

    It's quite large, I went during the day on a weekday and it wasn't crowded at all.

    ReplyDelete